South Sudan is a great, virgin destination for adventure lovers and those travelers searching for untouched tribal groups.
This 5-DAYS MUNDARI TRIBAL TOUR take you to some of the most remote cattle keeping villages to meet the native Mundari people, with scarified tribal people and amazing horned white cattle, a top objective for photographers from all around the World and Laba Africa Expeditions, knows the right places where the biggest cattle camps are found.
ITINERARY IN SUMMARY
DAY 1: Arrival in Juba and Overnight In Juba. Day 2: Transfer to Mundari cattle Camp.
Day 3: Full Day Exploring Mundari Cattle camps and villages.
Day 4: Last Morning with Mundari and Transfer To Juba Capital City
Day 5: Departure.
DAY 1: Arrival in Juba
Arrive in Juba, the capital of South Sudan. Laba Africa Expeditions guide will meet you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel, Register with the authority and relaxation, as you get ready for the next day encounter to Mundari cattle camp.
Accommodation: Royal Palace Hotel Meal Plan: D
Day 2: Transfer to Mundari cattle land.
Have breakfast, thereafter our guide/driver will transfer you to Mundari tribal territory. Reach village, greet the elders, and lunch.
We will reach a cattle camp to organize our camping area and thereafter in the evening we head to admire the Mundari traditional way of life and sunset photography as well. The Mundari have kept alive Animistic cattle camp culture, visit small Mundari villages where facial and body scarification are still practiced to this day, Evening dinner prepared by our chef at the camp, and finally overnight camping.
Accommodation: Camping Meal Plan: BLD
Day 3: Full Day Exploring Mundari Cattle camp
The Mundari live to the north of Juba, centered on the small settlement of Terekeka. Deriving a living from herding and agriculture they live in small villages and follow a largely traditional lifestyle.
Custom dictates that young men and women are marked with a series of parallel V-shaped scars on their forehead this tradition is now officially discouraged by the government and is starting to die out but most over the age of around 25 will sport these markings.
The Mundari are locally famed wrestlers, and on certain days of the week young men from neighboring villages gather to compete against each other in traditional shows of strength.
This unpredicted gala is quite a spectacle as the men daub themselves with mud and etch patterns into their bodies, each trying to throw and hold the other to the ground.
Watching the surrounding crowd is just as interesting as they cheer and singsongs for their respective teams.
This is a chance to see a side of Africa that may not exist for much longer. You will spend a full day visiting Mundari cattle camp and villages, exploring their fascinating culture and customs.
If you are lucky enough you will be able to witness the unpredictable wrestling gala.
The main focus of this will 5-Days Mundari Tribal Tour be on the architecture, sunrise, and sunset in the cattle camps, you will be waking up every day at 6 am to catch up with the sunrise, during the daytime you will be having a community walk and overnight camping. Accommodation: Camping Meal Plan: BLD
Day 4: Transfer from Mundari To Juba Capital City
After a final morning with the Mundari, you will be transferred from Mundari to Juba-South Sudan’s Capital for relaxation at the Royal palace hotel.
Accommodation: Royal Palace Hotel Meal Plan: BLD
Day 5- Departure
Basing on the departure time of your flight, our driver guide will transfer you from Royal Palace hotel to Juba international airport for your international flight back home and hence calling it end of your 5-Days Mundari Tribal Tour
This is a pioneering trip that might include traveling to remote regions, which rarely, if ever, see tourists.
Infrastructure for much of the trip will be non-existent and a great degree of flexibility is needed to deal with any local conditions, which may present themselves.
Inclusive on the trip:
- Photography permit
- Accommodation throughout the tour (Hotel And camping tent with mattress).
- Airport pickup and transfers.
- Experienced English speaking driver guides.
- Meals and bottled water
- Introduction Permit/letter
- Safari vehicle and backups with fuel
- Charges to Tourist Sites mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Entry visa
- Tips for Driver and Guides
- Air Tickets
- Drinks (Bar charges) from the Accommodation
- Anything not added in the itinerary.
Things To come with:
- Sets of clothes suitable for the weather conditions, including lightweight clothes (Shorts, T-shorts), and warm clothes (hoody,
- Light jacket), long sleeve clothes Sun hat/Panama Swimwear (you can swim at Royal Palace Hotel).
- Raincoat comfortable trekking footwear, light footwear (sneakers)
- Sleeping bag for warm weather
- Camping mattress (up to you)
- Personal hygiene items
- Individual medical kit (analgesic, antiseptic, antibiotic, antiviral, intestinal, multivitamins, rehydration, court plaster, your personal medications)
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate (Note: You must have a yellow fever card if you
- don’t carry it you will be charged 50$)
- Antimalaria prevention pills
- Sunblock set (cream, spray)
- Mosquito Repellents
- Big backpack for stuff
- Small backpack for radial walks (25 – 30 L)
- Favorite meals (chocolate, nuts)
- Photo and video camera, extra batteries
- Optional donations for tribal people: anti Malaria drugs, anti-septic spirit, cotton wool, Eye drops, traditional tobacco, etc